Aglet Competition Terms & Conditions
Stadium Goods x Aglet Scavenger Hunt, New York City
Aglet, is holding a digital scavenger hunt in New York City over the Halloween weekend with prizes provided by Stadium Goods. The winner will collect a $600 Stadium Goods store credit, with two runners up collecting a $300 store credit each.
The competition is for new and existing Aglet players in the New York City and surrounding regions to race to unlock all 10 treasure stashes hidden in the Aglet map
The Competition is open to all individuals over the age of 13. Individuals under the age of 18 require a
parent or guardian consent to participate.
An individual is required to be a registered Aglet app user in order to participate in the Competition.
How to Enter
The competition will run from 9am Eastern Daylight time (New York City time) on the 31st of October 2020 (“Opening Date") to 6pm Eastern Daylight Time (New York City time) on the 1st of November, 2020 ("Closing Date") inclusive.
To enter the competition:
- Simply check into each announced location within the Aglet app, including ones hidden that can be discovered by working out the clues, within the competition time.
By submitting a Competition entry, you agree to be bound by these rules and our General Competition/Promotion Terms, including any additional rules set out below:
- One entry per person is permitted for each Competition.
- Once you have submitted your Competition entry, it cannot be withdrawn or resubmitted.
- Each participant to the Competition will be judged on the basis of accurate location data provided by the Aglet app. Players are required to be physically at the location and use the check in functions on the Aglet Explore map in order to do this. The location accuracy and mobile data coverage are environmental factors that Onlife Limited cannot control and might affect the player’s ability to complete a check in. Onlife Limited takes no responsibility nor claims that player’s will be able to complete each check in.
If you are unfamiliar with the check in functions of the Aglet app, please
- The Competition entries will be adjudicated by a panel of Aglet judges and the decision of the panel will be final.
- Players must check into all 10 locations announced, including hidden locations that require them decipher the clue and go to the location. Specifically, this means that players are required to travel around New York City to each location and undertake an in-game checkin function. Details on how to check into an Aglet location are here:
All federal, state and local taxes (including any sales taxes)
are the sole responsibility of the winners.
If total cash prize
value for the winner exceeds $599.99 for one fiscal year,
Aglet will send
a 1099 form at the
beginning of said year for U.S. Government tax
Any additional costs relating to the prizes and
incurred as a result of accepting the prizes, is the sole
responsibility of the winner.
Void where prohibited by law. We reserve the
right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it
is not capable of completion as planned for any
reason, including, but not limited to, infection by
computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized
intervention or technical failures of any kind. Our
decision in this regard is final. All federal, state
and local laws and regulations apply. Aglet, Onlife
Limited, Stadium Goods and Stadium Enterprises
LLC, their subsidiaries and affiliates, their officers,
directors, agents, insurers, and employees, and
their advertising and promotional agencies and
sponsors assume no responsibility or liability
whatsoever for damages, loss or injury resulting
from participating in any contest or acceptance or
use of any prize. In consideration of participation
in a contest, and for other good and valuable
consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which
are hereby acknowledged, the Entrant, on
Entrant’s behalf, and on behalf of Entrant’s heirs,
successors or assigns, administrators and
personal representatives, does hereby
COVENANT NOT TO SUE, FULLY RELEASE
AND FOREVER DISCHARGE (i) Aglet, Onlife
Limited, Stadium Goods and Stadium Enterprises
LLC and each of their respective direct and
indirect subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and
related entities, (iv) each of their respective
directors, officers, employees, agents, insurers,
attorneys and representatives, and (v) each
predecessor, successor, and assign thereof, from
and against any and all actions, charges, claims,
losses, costs, damages, expenses (including
attorneys’ fees and expenses) and liabilities of
any kind or character, whether known or
unknown, in connection with, arising out of or in
any way related to Entrant’s participation in the
One Competition winner and two runners up will be awarded within 2 days from the Closing Date and will be notified by email and in app, using the contact details provided in your Aglet account.
We have monitoring tools that tell us exactly the time that
players check in (and action in the game that logs their time
and location) at each location. With this, and once we have
verified that the check in is valid and not fraudulent (i.e.
Spoofed software) we are able to identify the players who
has completed all of the locations first, second and third. It’s
totally unambiguous and completely based on a central time
stamp that our servers manage.
Competition winners must claim their prize within 30 days of being notified that they have won a Competition.
The Competition winner will receive the following prizes:
The Competition runners up will receive the following prizes:
Aglet General Competition / Promotion Terms
These terms and conditions apply to all competitions, promotions, offers and prize draws (“Competitions”) provided by us, Onlife Limited (trading as Aglet) (“we” or “us”), and which appear or are featured on our Aglet app, websites or publications (including any competition promoted via social media).
2. In addition to these terms and conditions there may be specific rules or
conditions which apply to specific Competitions, if so then any such rules
or conditions will be set out above or listed on the page or location hosting
the main Competition page.
3.Unless specifically set out otherwise in the Competition rules, no purchase
is necessary for the entry into a Competition.
4.Our employees, staff and members of their household are not permitted
to enter any Competition.
5. Unless specifically set out otherwise in the Competition rules, only one
entry per person is permitted for each Competition.
6. For each Competition we will specify the final date for entry into that
Competition or the maximum number of entries we will accept before
closing the Competition.
7. You agree that we may, but we may but are not required to, make your
entry available on our app, website and any other media, whether now
known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of
the Competition. By submitting your Competition entry and any
accompanying materials, you agree to grant us a non-exclusive,
transferable, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable license of any intellectual property therein, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-license the Competition entry and any accompanying materials for purposes in connection with the Competition and our business.
8. Unless specifically set out otherwise, Competition winners will be selected
within 7 days from the close of the Competition and will be notified by
email using the contact details provided.
9. It is your responsibility to ensure that the contact details held by us are
valid and correct. We are not responsible if the contact details provided
are inaccurate or not otherwise up to date. If we receive a bounce-back
from a Competition winner’s email address for notifications and we do not
have a valid telephone number to contact the winner, the prize will be
10. Unless specifically set out otherwise, Competition winners must claim
their prize within 30 days of being notified that they have won a
Competition. If you have not claimed the prize within this time your prize
will be void. Void prizes may be offered at our own discretion to another
11. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unavailability an
alternative prize of similar value and specification or a cash alternative
may be substituted by us. You will not have the right to require payment
of the cash alternative unless we specifically specify otherwise.
12. We do not warrant that any prize offered will be suitable for your purpose
or of any given quality.
13. Prize images are merely an indication and may not exactly represent the
14. We reserve the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the
Competition prize where it becomes necessary to do so.
15. Our decisions are final in relation to any Competition. We reserve the
right at any time to remove any entry from a Competition, suspend the
Competition entirely or limit the number of entries.
16. Insofar as is permitted by law, we will not in any circumstances be
responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for
any loss, damage or personal injury occurring as a result of taking up the
prize except where it is caused by our gross negligence. Your statutory rights are not affected.
17. Please refer to our privacy notice for more information about our service
and for any queries relating to how we use your personal data including
any personal data submitted in entering a Competition.
18. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these
terms and conditions or other specific rules or conditions which apply to
the Competition, we may, at our sole discretion, reserve the right to
exclude you from participating in the Competition.
19. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware applicable to contracts made and to be performed in such state without giving effect to its principles of conflicts of laws.